The traveler has the right to enter the national territory with personal articles and with merchandise free of taxes under these specifications:
• Price of the merchandise in US dollars: US$ 1.500.
• Type of goods: Personal and familiar usage.
• Máximum quantity: Non comercial quantities
• Type of luggage: must come along with the visitor
If all the luggage comprehends tax free merchandise, the traveler may take the non-declaring path (light) the light chooses randomly among the arriving passengers. If the green light appears after pressing the button, the passenger may continue, but if it is red, the passenger must be subject to revision.
Persons bringing articols for declaration, must go tho the DIAN attention points for a tax liquidation.
Entrance of merchandise subject to taxes:
The traveler has the right to enter the national territory with personal articles and taxable merchandise under these specifications:
• Price of the merchandise in US dollars: US$ 2.500, besides the first US$ 1.500
• Type of goods: Domestic usage, electric or not, sports articles, and articles use don the travelers profesión.
• Máximum quantity: 3 of each.
• Taxes: US$ 1.500.oo free of taxes, US$ 2.500.oo 15%. Only once a year.
• Type of luggage: Comming or not with the visitor.
Children under 18 may only enter 50% of the values.
Airport Tax: this tax s paid at the airport and passengers in transit or connection are exempt, as well as persons arriving and departing on the same date with a destination different to the origin. Airline crew traveling on duty, the military forces of Colombia and the national police officers, children under 2 years old, officers of the national army on duty, Diplomatic baggage and musical instruments occupying one place on the airplane. For further information please contact: 571 – 4251000 Ext. 2588 and 2083 or fax 571 413 9459.