TOURISM SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
In the AGENCY OF TRAVEL TOURISM RECEPTIVE DESTINATION COLOMBIA S.A.S, with Nit.800.248.920-9 we supply tourist products and services of quality, according to the needs of each client, which allows us to achieve their satisfaction; these results can be obtained, thanks to the highly trained personnel, the management of committed suppliers and the sustainable use of the natural, socio-cultural and economic resources necessary for our activity, based on sustainability criteria.
TOURISM SUSTAINABILITY OBJECTIVES
- Reduce consumption of natural resources.
- Demand from our suppliers legal documentation up-to-date that provides security for the services provided.
- Reduce annual paper consumption per employee.
- Guarantee the quality of the products and services offered to the CLIENT WHOLESALER.
- Satisfy the needs of the tourist.
- Development of staff competencies.
- Raise awareness of customers, suppliers and collaborators to include sustainability in their activities.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Do not provide touristic plans in connection to the sexual exploitation of children.
2. Forbid employees to offer of touristic services that include sexual contact with children.
3. Protecting national and foreign children from sexual exploitation from tourism
4. Including legal information in the advertising about penalties for exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with children and teenagers.
5. Do not provide information to tourists about where sexual services are provided by children.
6. Do not transport the tourists to places where sexual services are provided by children.
7. Do not transport children to places tourists are staying, even at high seas, for purpose of prostitution.
8. Do not rent or drive cars to bars or other places for purpose of prostitution of children.
9. Preventing the entry of children into Hotels, bars, or any place if the children will be affected by prostitution
10. Reject any exploitation of children.
11. Reject discrimination based on gender or race.
12. Contact the police in case of knowledge of exploitation or marketing of children.
13. Asking our customers, providers and partners to refuse the exploitation of children and report cases of prostitution.
14. Denouncing facts of exploitation of children to the concerning authorities.
a. We are committed to refuse the pornography and sexual exploitation of children ,we will do this by implementing prevention mechanisms and monitoring commercial management to the compliance of this code of conduct.
b. Those Who incur in exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with children and teenagers will be punished with imprisonment and fines.
JUNE 12 / 2015
Dear traveler: Please bear on mind and apply the ethical code of tourism from the World Tourism Organization during all your trips.
1. Be open to cultures and traditions that may be different from yours: your experience will be transformed and you will gain the respect from the local population who will accept you easier.
2. Be tolerant, respect the diversity and observe the traditions and social or cultural practices in the place you are visiting.
3. Respect human rights. Any form of exploitation, violates the fundamental objectives of tourism.
4. The sexual exploitation of children is a punishable crime in the place where it is committed, and in the country of origin of the person who commits it.
5. Help to conserve the natural environment. Protect wild fauna and flora and its habitat, and do not buy products produced on endangered plants or animals.
6. Avoid taking flash photos of the wildlife, this may cause them to leave the place for good, and make it harder for future tourists to observe them.
7. Respect natural resources. The touristic activities must be respectful for the artistic, archeological and cultural patrimony, please do not feel tempted to take with you pieces of archeological rests, plants, flowers or so. If each tourist takes a piece, the resource would soon disappear.
8. Your trip may contribute to the economic and social development. Buy local handcrafts and products to support local economy, and be subject to the principles of fair trade. When you bargain, please have the concept of fair salary on mind. The handcrafts are the most important reflection of a culture and local identity, and they benefit the local population in a direct way. Besides they are produced with a very low impact on the environment and contribute to the appreciation of the local culture.
9. Be informed of the local laws, in order to avoid committing any act considered a crime in the visited country. Do not traffic with drugs, weapons, antiques, endangered species, or dangerous or products or substances that are forbidden by the local law.
10. In case of an accidental spill of any product during the tours, do not try to control it yourself; please ask for immediate help from the local authorities or the entities in charge.
11. Please keep the places you visit organized and tidy, avoiding the strengthening of different risks that may threaten the facilities or the protected area.
12. Do not throw food rests in the visited places, having special attention in the natural protected areas; the rests of fruits may content seeds that can grow in place, and convert later in an invasive species, threatening native species.
13. Enjoy and respect everything you do in the visited place, always unique and different for its history, architecture, religion, music, art and cuisine.
14. Please be careful and close the tap, turn the air conditioning and the lights off when you leave your hotel or place of accommodation. That way you may save energy and water, very valuable resources in the entire planet.
15. Try to reduce the generation of garbage by rejecting products with unnecessary wrappings, and preferring recyclable containers.
Authority and responsibility: the implementation of the following good practices, apart from the ones stablished in the different procedures of the Sustainability System, is under responsibility of all the employees of the AGENCIA DE VIAJES DE TURISMO RECEPTIVO DESTINO COLOMBIA S.A.S.
Maintain behaviors that contribute to the good work relations, tolerating differences among people.
Respect all persons, careless of their race, religion, gender, status etc.
Use a moderate voice level in the working place.
Maintain a polite and respectful attitude towards all co-workers and clients.
Inform of any anomaly that may affect social aspects, as sexual tourism or children labor exploitation.
Accomplish all stablished safety rules.
Accomplish all the guidelines dictated by the direction department, relative to the economic development of the agency.
Inform of any anomaly that may affect the company´s economic development.
Suggest actions related to sustainability that may lead to the generation of additional income for the employees or the local community.
Respect the office areas and its surroundings, designated for specific activities (ex. Smoking area, disabled parking, etc.)
Help to conserve endangered species of fauna and flora, and cultural patrimony that can be found in the agency and its surroundings.
“the exploitation and the sexual abuse of children is punishable by law” according to law 679, 2001 from Colombia
Close the taps when they are not in use.
Report all detected water drains or leaks.
Apply all the given directions for the reduction on the use of water.
Turn the lights off when they are not necessary, and use natural light as much as possible.
Report all detected damages in sources of energy, equipment or conductive devices.
Turn off the equipment and unplug the phone chargers when they are not in use.
Separate and deposit the waste in the adequate places.
Print only when you need to keep physical copy of the document.
Print on both sides of the paper as much as possible, using the ink save option.
AUTHORITY RELATED TO SUSTAINABILITY
The AGENCIA DE VIAJES DE TURISMO RECEPTIVO DESTINO COLOMBIA S.A.S Direction is the only entity entitled to modify or stablish guidelines on sustainability, and its representative is the only person authorized to create or modify documents related to the requisites stablished on the sustainability management system.
THE PLANET WILL THANK YOU!