t is the responsibility of all to report to the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, the Office of the Attorney General of the Nation, the ICBF, and other competent bodies, the facts related to CSEC “Commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents.”
We also commit to implement the respective monitoring mechanisms, preventive and corrective measures aimed at preventing sexual exploitation, pornography and sex tourism with children and adolescents. (It is important to request and present the exit permit to minors who do not travel with their parents, among others).
YOU KNOW THAT …… ……… THE LAW PROTECTS OUR CHILDREN, GIRLS AND ADOLESCENTS
Law 679 of 2001
The purpose of this law is to dictate protection measures against exploitation, pornography, sex tourism and other forms of sexual abuse with minors, through the establishment of preventive and sanctioning norms.
Law 985 of 2005
It seeks to adopt measures of prevention, protection and assistance necessary to guarantee respect for the human rights of victims and possible victims of trafficking in persons, both residents or transferred in the national territory, as well as Colombians abroad, and strengthen the action of the State against this crime.
Law 1329 of 2009
This law condemns with minimum 14 years of prison who gives information, promotes or encourages contact with children and adolescents for sexual exploitation.
Also, who buys sex with a minor, receives a sentence of up to 32 years in prison.
Likewise, whoever produces or markets pornography involving minors under 18 years of age can receive a sentence of up to 32 years in prison.
Law 1336 of 2009
This law is aimed at owners of establishments that offer or permit sexual exploitation in their business. Anyone who incurs this crime may be closed or apply for the extinction of ownership over their establishment.
BECAUSE WE ARE INTERESTED ……. WE GIVE THESE SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS
• Be attentive and follow the recommendations of the guides, hosts and companions.
• If you travel with children, do not lose sight of them.
• Do not take taxis on the street. Request them to the telephone service.
• Have available emergency numbers at hand (travel agency, taxi, ambulance, police, fire department).
• If you travel in a group, it is very likely that you want to enjoy the nightlife as much as possible, avoid losing consciousness.
• Leave your original documents in a safe place.
• Hire tours with certified personnel.
• Respect the precautionary notices and rules established in the destination.
• Be careful when crossing the streets.
• Try not to leave the group during the walks.
• When putting on shoes (boots or tennis shoes), shake them well to avoid accidents.
• In case of any mishap or unexpected, please contact as soon as possible with someone from the place.
• If you want to bring something different from what is offered to eat, which are foods that provide calories, such as snacks,
chocolates or bananas.
• Deposit the trash in the place indicated for it.
• Take care of your personal items, do not lose sight of them, you are solely responsible for them. (camera, bag, documents, etc.)
• Buy your plans as islands, walks to authorized agencies, do not buy from street vendors.
• It uses the boats that leave from the tourist dock, in this way it is guaranteed that they have security requirements.
• Use the life jacket when traveling on boats, do not allow overpopulation in the boats.
• Refrain from entering the sea in a drunken state and do not exceed the limits demarcated by the flags.